Monday, March 26, 2007

That tatt...

OK, this marks a difference between when Mom is here and when Mom is away. I was dimly aware that Ellie's old pirate tattoo had finally worn off completely, and that Joey had kindly transferred another to her arm. But I didn't take a close look at it.

And in the picture we took down by the river, I was so struck by the fact that all three kids were actually looking at the camera that I didn't notice Ellie's exposed arm until my colleague P. pointed it out on the blog this morning.

My, that's some tatt. It's not exactly clear in that photo what the design of the tattoo is, but you're seeing what you think you're seeing. And the truth is, it's worse close up. It is indeed a sword going into a skull, and upon closer inspection, you can see that snakes are going into the skull's eye sockets as well:

"And Ellie is a member of what gang?" her Grandpa Ken inquired gently.

Hmmm... I think that even for me that crosses a line of what I'd like my four-year-old daughter to be sporting. Hopefully the Montessori folks didn't see that today. I'll see if I can't scrub it off in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home