Monday, March 5, 2007

Snow forts...

In response to yesterday's post, our great friend Dan sent me a link to a story about more ambitious snow-fort building plans. I'm not sure I'm going to go out of my way to share that with the kids, since it looked like the possibility of death through structural failure was much higher than with their homegrown fort.

To see a real Fargo snow fort around here, I'd head to the North Dakota State University campus. Katie attends a program there every Monday called "TechGyrls" that teaches young ladies that you don't have to be male to be a nerd.* And boy, do they have one hell of a snow fort there.

Here's one view of it:

Here's another:

The NDSU architecture building, where the TechGrrrrrls meet, is in the background. On the quite possibly flawed assumption that architecture students had built a secure structure, I allowed Katie to slide into holes like this one:

...which led to a small, totally enclosed, room she had to crawl out of.

* Did you know Dr. Seuss may very well have invented the word "nerd"? I just learned that this morning, while preparing to go into Joey's class to read The Lorax for the good doctor's birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home