Thursday, July 5, 2007

First kid on my block...

I may be the only guy in North Dakota with an iPhone. I kind of ended up with one when I was in Chicago the day they were released.

The Forum, always one to stay on top of larger trends, see "Fargo Star," wrote an article the week before it came out, moaning about how there were no Apple or AT&T stores in Fargo, and AT&T won't write contracts here, so the iPhone wouldn't be available to North Dakotans.

The truth is, it does work here. Not perfectly, but it does work. AT&T's coverage is crappy, but on the bright side I'm costing them money by forcing them to route my calls through other people's cell towers. The reception does seem to be a little better than my old Sony Ericsson phone (which, honestly, did start to die last week and prompt the upgrade), but most of the same dead spots exist for the new machine.  Since we have less than three weeks left here (holy cow!), I think I can put up with it. It worked great in Chicago.

3 Comments:

Blogger gruntled said...

Plus, at no additional charge, AT&T giftwraps all your conversations and delivers them to the NSA on your behalf. How's that for customer service? (Ignore my jealousy; it really is an amazing device).

12:34 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I knew it!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the wrap-it-up last post? NO!!!i need my fargoing! i mean i know i'm getting the real thing pretty soon but i might have to start tracking another fargo family once you've moved back; reading about fargo star, deer hunting, etc. are pretty addictive...

MEG

ps- echoing suz, the iphone was a little predictable tom. to break the monotony you should buy your own satellite or something.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home