Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pie Day!

I'd heard about this for months, and today I got to go see it for myself with a bunch of my colleagues: Pie Day at The Sons of Norway, right next door to the courthouse. The Sons of Norway say they are "the largest Norwegian-American organization in the world," and I believe them.

The Sons host a lunch cafeteria line every weekday, but pies are the specialty on Thursdays.

It was a pretty tasty spread: About a dozen types of sandwiches (I had the BLT: $3.75), four types of soup (I had a cup of the corn chowder: $2.00), salad (skipped) and, well, not very many types of pie if you have the temerity to go there as late as noon. But they had plenty of blueberry pie left ($2.00 or so).

All of this is served in a large room with a heavy Nordic theme. I thought it would be kind of rude to take pictures inside, so I didn't. You'll have to take my word for it, or meet me for lunch on a Thursday.

(For the record, I'm not actually this fat – yet. It's the shirt.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just impressed you didn't get any pie on the shirt! Having spent so many years taking care of the kids... Well, you know.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Great blog! I look forward to following your adventures in Fargo and the Upper Midwest, especially during the winter months. Don't forget the HO DO and the Fargo movie theater and it's famous sign. I've forwarded your blog link to several family members. You might think about selling your blog to Garrison Keiler at the end of your term (sp). Singed, Father of Curnching Eyes.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home